Economics Building


Economics Building



In 1909, with the completion of the new Chemistry Building the laboratories were all moved and the south L-shaped wing of the old Chemical Laboratory, which was in effect a separate building, was taken over by the Department of Economics. The basement was transformed into an accounting laboratory, and, until 1924, the second floor was used as a library. With the completion of Angell Hall, provision was made for an economics-mathematics library on the third floor. The quarters in the Economics Building vacated by the library were thereafter used as a statistical laboratory


Economics Building from north
Economics Building
Economics Building in the 1940’s



Pharmacology Building (left) Economics Building (right)
Pharmacology Building (left) Economics Building (right)



Economics Building (left rear)

Economics Building
1943 Economics Class


The Economics Building was distroyed by fire on December 25, 1981