In 1898 a second addition was made to the Law Building. The exterior of the building was completely altered. It was faced with sandstone on the first story and light-pressed brick on the upper stories. The tower was removed, and a new wing was added which provided two lecture rooms in addition to the old lecture room on the first floor. The law library occupied the entire south wing of the old building. Lecture rooms, offices, and consultation rooms made up the remainder of the second and third floor. The Regents’ Board Room was in the south wing, where the Regents met for more than thirty-five years, after which, they moved to Angell Hall.
The cost of the second renovation of the Law School in 1898 was $65,000, including furnishings. The building could accommodate one thousand students.
The building was provided with a fan system of heating and ventilation and lighted by electricity.