Law Building



Law Building


1863 - 1893
 


The Department of Law, was established in 1859. Classes were held in the Chapel, and the Law Library was housed in the Library room, both in the University Main Building (Mason Hall).

The Law Building was completed in 1863 and was home to the Law School for sixty years. During that period it was remodeled twice to provide for the increasing enrollment.

The building was 70 by 90 feet. It served not only for instruction in law, but also contained the University Chapel (until 1873) and the University Library (until 1883).



Law Building, Mason Hall and South College
Law Building, Mason Hall and South College

Looking North on State Street

Law Building (left)

The University Main Building

Looking North on State Street

Law Building (right)

Law Building, Mason Hall and South College
Law Building, Mason Hall and South College
Law Building
Class of 1875 in front of the Law Building

 

The University Main Building

 

Law Building

 

Northwest corner of campus on State Street
Law Building and University Hall
Law Building, University Hall and Museum
Law Building and University Hall
The University Library and the Law Library were housed in the Law Building from 1863 to 1883