The Neuropsychiatric Institute was added in 1938-39 It contained approximately eight-five beds, one-third for adolescents for whom a part of the second floor was reserved. A sub-subbasement contained rooms for physiotherapy and hydrotherapy equipment as well as a gymnasium. The sub-basement floor was mainly for work in occupational therapy; a lecture room seating 140 could also be used for recreation and entertainment. There was also a neuropathological laboratory. The basement and ground floors were used for the care and treatment of additional patients, while the first floor housed the offices of the outpatient department. The building was connected to the Hospital by the use of corridors on each floor.