Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
In 1910 a building for the departments of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology was completed. Known as the Eye and Ear Ward, this building stood at the rear of the main group of hospital buildings to which it was connected by a covered passageway. These quarters were seriously limited, but provided a few extra rooms for patients, as well as limited space for the teaching of students. When the new hospital opened in 1925, the building was rearranged to care for maternity patients.