Heating Plant (1891-1897), Nurses Residence (1898-1916)
In 1891 a small heating plant was erected between the Homeopathic and Allopathy Hospitals, because the hospitals were too far away to be connected with the University heating system. This plant was used until 1897, when a larger one was erected at the rear of the Catherine Street Hospital complex.
In 1897-98 the old heating plant was enlarged and remodeled to provide a dining room, dormitory, and laundry for twenty nurses. This new construction extended to the south of the old heating plant.