Hospital Boiler House
In 1891 when the Homeopathic and Allopathy Hospitals moved from the central campus to Catherine Street, a small heating plant was established to serve these buildings. This first heating plant for the hospitals was incorporated into the original structures. In 1897 as more buildings were added to the Hospital Group, a larger heating plant was needed. The new plant was located to the north, and was called the Hospital Boiler House. The building and equipment were expanded at various times as new facilities were added.
The Hospital Boiler House was used until 1925 when the hospitals were connected to the new University Power Plant on Washington Street.
A section of the Hospital Boiler House was used for a laundry from 1897-1917, and a clinical lab from 1917-1925.
In 1926 the building became a wood utilization laboratory for the use of the School of Forestry and Conservation (Regent's Proceedings, 926 -29, p. 442)