University Press - 412 Maynard
A new University Press building was constructed at 412 Maynard Street in 1956. Douglas Loree designed the two story structure, and the construction was done by Henry deKoning Construction Company. The new building provided a central campus location for the various publishing ofﬁces of the University Press previously scattered about the campus. The cost of $130,000 was met from alumni contributions and University funds.
In 1961, the Press had outgrown the building and was moved into rented quarters at 615 East University Avenue. The building was renamed the Extension Service Building, and became the home of the University Extension Service, formerly housed in the Administration Building.
Vice President & Chief Financial Ofﬁcers Report p. 58 (The University of Michigan: An Encyclopedic Survey)