(Old) Athletic Administration Building
The old Athletic Administration Building stood on South State Street near the main entrance to Ferry Field, and just north of Yost Field House. Erected in 1912 as an athletic field clubhouse, it was the first of the modern buildings constructed on the enlarged Ferry Field. It measures 57 by 64 feet and had a floor space of 8,249 square feet. It was built of brick and stone in an attractive modified English Tudor style.
Before the erection of Yost Field House and the Intramural Sports Building, almost all athletic activities were centered in this clubhouse. It was fitted out with showers at the rear, locker rooms at each side, and had a large lecture room on the second floor. With the construction of Yost Field House the original function of the building changed. In 1925 extensive alterations were made in the interior arrangement at a cost of $26,000.
In 1955, with the completion of the new Athletic Administration Building next door, the old Administration Building was occupied by the staff of the Men's Physical Education Department.
Wilfred Shaw (The University of Michigan: An Encyclopedic Survey, p. 1581)